- Humidifiers come in handy when your baby gets a cold (which he will at some point during the first two months despite all the care and precaution). Humidifiers allow the baby to breathe comfortably and ease the stuffiness of the nose. It relieves cough as well. Most parents don’t include humidifiers on their list of must-buy items, which is a mistake.
- Baby wipes are very handy and serve multiple purposes. Their main purpose is to wipe your baby’s tushie every time he soils himself. They are disposable and are laced with a wiping liquid to perfectly clean the tushie. Look for hypoallergenic wipes that are free of alcohol and fragrance.
- Bibs are small pieces of cloth that are tied around a baby’s neck. They serve multiple purposes such as saving the clothes from getting stained and wet due to spill-ups. For the first four months, milk is the only food a baby feeds on. Newborns often suffer from milk reflux and end up spitting milk. This is where bibs come to the rescue.
- The Little Monkey Company sells unique bibs at affordable prices. The bibs are lined with water-resistant plastic and a silicone tray is attached at the bottom. The tray catches the pieces of food which come out of the baby’s mouth while they are eating and the water-resistant bib saves the clothes from getting spoiled.
- Newborn babies cannot hold their necks and need extra support when picked up and carried around. A swaddle blanket helps in wrapping a newborn securely in a blanket. It keeps the baby’s arms securely inside the blanket and keeps him warm and comfortable.